Sullivan, Powers & Co., PC is a local accounting firm that has been providing a full range of CPA and tax services since 1978. The SP&Co team of tax and accounting professionals brings its extensive professional experience and exceptional academic credentials to bear for each of its clients. As a new team member, you will collaborate with other members of our team and work closely with firm partners; providing the opportunity to learn about governmental and not-for-profit accounting in a hands-on environment.
We are currently seeking a CPA or CPA candidate to join our team. The ideal candidate should be self-motivated, detail oriented and able to work in a fast paced, flexible, and professional environment.
- Assist with conducting annual audit, review and compilation engagements for a variety of clients.
Participate in internal control interviews and perform walk-through of key internal control processes by examining records, reports, operating practices, and documentation, and updating internal control write-ups.
- Performing substantive audit procedures, such as comparing items to supporting documentation/audit confirmations.
- Complete audit work papers by documenting audit tests and findings.
- Contribute to team effort by completing assigned tasks, communicating results to senior staff, and providing assistance to others on the audit team as needed.
- Preparing financial statements.
- Assist with tax preparation for individuals, trusts, estates, not-for-profit organizations, corporations and partnerships.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- CPA or plan to attain it
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Critical thinking, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Desire to work in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Competitive salary and benefits package offered.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Lori M. Batchelder, Business Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to discuss the position at your convenience. You may call us (802) 223-2352 or you can see our website at www.sullivanpowers.com for more information.
If you are interested in a position at SP&Co, please send a cover letter and resume to our Business Manager, Lori Batchelder, at email@example.com